Pardon me while I indulge in a little self-back-patting. I’m feeling a little gruntled and like I’m not getting anything accomplished during the day. Now, I know, I know, I’m home taking care of Olivia Moonpie and that’s a huge something I accomplish every day. But, I’m home all day and Shannon’s at work all day and so part of my job is to maintain this house and there are days when I sit back and wonder what I did all day because it obviously wasn’t the chores I’m supposed to do.
So, from time to time I may have posts like this. I’m a notorious list maker. Almost every day I make a list of things I need to do or want to do. I think what I should be doing is making lists of what I’ve done so I have a tangible reminder that I do get things done. They may not be huge things, but I’m not just sitting around eating bonbons and watching bad television (Ok, I do do that sometimes only it’s popcorn, not bonbons and I’m a sucker for police procedural dramas).
Since getting up at 7:30 this morning I:
2. ate breakfast
3. cuddled with Olivia Moonpie after her bottle
6. hung a load of clothes and a load of diapers out on the line while letting Olivia Moonpie sit in some warm winter sunshine
7. prepared the day’s bottles with mix of fresh and frozen milk, then fed Olivia Moonpie
9. sat on the floor and tried to teach Olivia Moonpie to roll from her tummy to her back
10. changed umpteen wet diapers
11. called the ped’s office and the insurance company to figure out when Shannon’s COBRA coverage would be activated to cover the last round of vaccinations
12. cooked a pound of navy beans in the pressure cooker for tonight’s lamb stew
13. assembled said lamb stew for a day of long, low, slow simmering
14. ate lunch
15. fed Olivia Moonpie and cuddled her to get her to fall asleep for her afternoon nap
16. ran dishwasher, emptied dishwasher, reloaded dishwasher
17. made a pan of apples and sweet potatoes to go with lamb stew
18. pumped while petting a needy cat
19. emptied kitchen trash
20. attempted to tidy living room
21. wrote blog post to reassure myself that I am not a lazy couch potato even though I feel that way
Still need to put away the dry goods I got at the grocery store yesterday, toss the clean diapers in the dryer to fluff a bit, put away who-knows-how-many loads of laundry instead of just wearing them out of the laundry baskets I folded them into.
Nice to do: dust and vacuum (I love having two cats, but c’mon guys, can you let up on the shedding a bit?), get holiday decorations taken down and packed up, write Thank You notes, work on baby blanket I’m crocheting for my cousin
So, I got dinner made, the kitchen cleaned and laundry mostly done. I figured out what to do so I don’t have to pay a $600 pediatrician’s bill. And most importantly, I spent the day with my sweet girl. And I watched bad television and even ate a few pieces of chocolate. 🙂
I do feel better now.