So we continue in our quest for ambiguity. The sac is still measuring small, but it is bigger than it was on Friday. Instructions? Keep drinking water. Folks, that’s a bad instruction to give in Shannon’s presence. All weekend, if he saw I didn’t have a full water bottle in my hand or nearby, he’d rush off to re-fill it. It’s become a perfect in/out flow. Our bathroom just isn’t that interesting that I want to spend all of my time in there.
Everything else is still measuring on schedule. Shannon and Dr. N could definitely see the flicker of the heartbeat (there was no way I was going to see anything at that angle so I just gave up and let my head rest comfortably on the table). We still couldn’t hear it though. My uterus sits very high, which makes it hard for the wand to pick it up and there’s a lot of me between the abdominal probe and that very tiny sound. But Dr. N was definitely reassured by the obvious growth in the past three days and gave permission to return to normal activity levels. As long as nothing happens to require an emergency trip to the clinic, we’re going to give it a whole week before we take another look. I’m actually fine with that. I get very anxious on my way to her office and in the waiting room and my digestive system bears the brunt of it. I may invest in a few pee-sticks just to keep a certain someone else a little more relaxed and certainly by next Monday afternoon we’ll hear it with no problem.