So, now we weigh our options. Dr. N thinks if we choose to go with another FET, our best approach would be to thaw all four of our remaining embryos and transfer the best one. If it were anyone else, she would recommend transferring two since the quality is low enough that the likelihood of more than one sticking is pretty small but she isn’t comfortable taking even that tiny risk with me. Quite frankly, neither are we. She also thinks that a fresh cycle would give us a slightly increased chance of success…I have no history of problems responding to FSH treatments…a fresh transfer has a better success rate than frozen…we’d have (hopefully) higher grades of embryos to choose from since our remaining frozen ones are 4BC (fair/good). Plus, they are participating in two studies for which I have an excellent chance of qualifying. It wouldn’t cover much of the cost, but every little bit helps since the insurance won’t cover any of it and we’ve already run out of flex spending.
We are leaning towards a fresh cycle. That makes me more than a little nervous. The last one was exhausting, physically and emotionally. But, if it gives us even the slightest edge in the odds, it’s probably the right choice. I’m just waiting for Shannon to get home so we can discuss all of the pros and cons.