So, I just got home from this week’s appointment. I had a brief consult with Dr. N and then 8 vials of blood drawn. She thinks it’s unlikely, but she wants to rule out clotting disorders and antibodies, and in the event my hcg still isn’t dropping and she goes with methotrexate, we did a metabolic panel to make sure my liver is up to it. I’ll also get another saline sonogram before we can try again to make sure this didn’t cause any scarring. Mostly she’s bugged by the fact that my initial betas were nice and high, giving no indication that this would end up as a chemical pregnancy and since it was so early, there was no way to do any pathology testing so before she’ll let us try again, we start to exclude the most likely suspects.
I’ll have the beta results by about 6pm and the rest of the results by the end of the week at the latest. Here’s hoping for a zero or lower on the hcg.
Update: I suppose I should have waited 20 minutes to post this. Because this is MY life and nothing goes smoothly of course my hcg level went up a bit. Methotrexate shot on Wednesday morning. I could use advice from those of you who’ve been there, particularly if it was at so early a point in the pregnancy. I have no idea what to expect from this stuff, but it sounds evil.