Ok. Obviously I don’t have enough whatever to get these things done. I’ve been trying to take care of them forEVER. So, I’m using shame and accountability. I’m listing them here. I’m posting photos where possible. I’m showing them to the world so I will feel compelled to take care of them as quickly as possible, rather than sitting on my couch watching Food Network.
1. I need to finish reupholstering this chair. As you can see, I’ve stripped it, repainted it, and upholstered the base. All that’s left is sewing two cushions. That’s it. Maybe two-three hours of sewing and it would be finished. How long has it been in this state? Um. Three years? (That one pillow in the blue houndstooth fabric? That’s what it was originally covered in, with the wood stained an orangey-brown.)
2. I need to finish this quilt. Sorry to show you the back side of it, but it’s a gift and I’d hate to ruin her surprise. Again, maybe two hours of sewing to finish the quilting and to bind the edges, and that’s only if I really screw something up and have to pick out stitches. I’ve been trying to finish this for months.
3. My patio. Obviously, some weeding is in order. And I need to finish putting the grommets on the canvas for the new roof. Then, I need to repaint some of the furniture. Mulch. Let’s call it one saturday’s worth of work.
4. Spare bedroom. This was at various times, my step-son’s bedroom, shannon’s home office, my sewing room, the soon-to-be-nursery, my sewing room again, and now it’s the space we shove things we have no other place for. I’d like it to be my sewing room/guest bedroom. This is a couple of days worth of work. And look, there’s the canvas for the patio. 🙄
5. Ottoman. We bought these chairs and footstools from IKEA two years ago (I think). We didn’t like the IKEA cushions, so I made my own. However, I ran out of the foam before I finished the last footstool. I now have foam. I have fabric. It’s a freaking rectangle, so it isn’t like there’s a lot of tricky work to make it. We’re talking maybe two hours if I have a hard time matching the stripes. Hmmm, I’m sensing a theme to my to-do list. Honestly, I really do like to sew.
6. Me. I’ve managed to keep off that 14 pounds I’d lost, more or less. There are the occasional fluctuations, but it’s staying within that range. I’d like to lose 14 more. I have the desire, I just need the will-power. (Ah, don’t you love my après work couture? It’s from the house of grab whatever is clean on top of the laundry basket.)
Ok. There it is. Six projects for which I am accountable to all of you. If I don’t mention them, feel free to nag for updates. Anyone else have things that they’ve been meaning to get to? Should we make a pact to keep each other on task? I’m thinking if I keep it to no more than 5-6 things, it isn’t overwhelming. I mean, I could include the closets that DESPERATELY need cleaning and organizing, the painting that needs to be done, the landscaping I want to do. But 6 items doesn’t seem like much. It’s a busy weekend (well, except for #6…that’s a bit more long term, no?) and I might be able to do that, if I know I have to answer to you.