I’ve been really, REALLY bad about reading blogs lately. The why of it all is a navel-gazing post for another day.
Rather than taking any sort of methodical approach, I’ve just sort of been randomly clicking on a blog from the comments and reading a few entries…getting caught up, leaving a comment if it feels right, lurking if it doesnt.
So, my surprise at catching up on STE‘s blog and finding that she gave me this:
I don’t even know where to begin. STE has been one of the lights that shines through the nearly impenetrable darkness. I’m incredibly touched that she thought of me.
I’ve been giving a lot of thought to which blogger(s) to pass this on to.
It hasn’t been an easy choice. My very first instinct was that everyone who helped with Project New Day, either by posting about it, or clicking over should receive A Pink Rose. I can never express just how much that day meant to me, how amazing it feels to log on and see that new stat and know that it is there because all of you came to the rescue.
But, some names kept rising above the rest.
Busted Babymaker is a new find for me and I’m working my way through the story of The Doodles. I’m in awe of her strength. (plus, and this in no way influenced my decision, I got 726 referrals from her blog on The New Day! She was at the top of the referrals list.)
Reading Please Give Me Back My Heart is sometimes a lot like listening to the thoughts in my own head. She makes me feel not-so-alone.
How to pass it on:
1. On your blog, copy and paste the award, these rules, a link back to the person who selected you, and a link to this post: http://smartone.typepad.com/smartone/2008/05/pink-is-my-favo.html. You will find the story behind the Pink Rose Award and other graphics to choose from there.
2. Select as many award recipients as you would like, link to their blogs (if they have one), and explain why you have chosen them.
3. Let them know that you have selected them for an award by commenting on one of their posts.
4. If you are selected, pass it on by giving the Pink Rose Award to others.
5. If you find that someone you want to nominate has already been selected by someone else, you can still honor them by posting a comment on their award post stating your reasons for wishing to grant them the award.
6. You do not have to wait until someone nominates you to nominate someone else.